Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Hello Again

Where has the time gone, and where have I been?! This narcoleptic nurse got herself a full time (32+ hours per week) job. Yes I said full time. Just two years ago, I would never have imagined this.
My diagnosis was 4 years ago, simultaneously leading to my resignation as a NICU nurse. It took 3-4 months before my body began to normalize and not be in a zombie state. I missed my nursing career terribly, but was blessed to be a stay at home mom and homeschool my littles for two years. In Fall of 2014 I started back as a nurse one day a week. This is a PWN dream schedule, lol. Then in Fall of 2015 a full time position became available and I accepted it. I knew it would be a challenge and I pray every day for enough energy to sustain me through my shift. My choice to return full time was because I'm helping my husband reach his dreams of being an RN also, and lessening the burden a bit for him as he finishes the last two years of his Bachelors degree. It's working out so far!!!
It's amazing what you can push yourself to do when you have faith. My God is an awesome God- my family is so blessed and I'm eternally grateful. 
Health and blessings- Hilary

No comments:

Post a Comment